Saturday 2 January 2010

Bookworm

...............Last night after the trauma of bidding farwell to the gorgeous David Tennant as the 10th Doctor..........wowo wasn't it an amazing send off? I decided to go back to an old friend............my bookshelf. When I am ill, I have extremely limited concentration and find that I can't really read anything properly. Even a magazine I find hard and generally skip through the pictures. Anyway, I used to read alot and the last week something has changed for me as I've read 3 books! I am literally a bookworm, always have been. I love them, the smell, the covers, old, new,.......hardback, soft cover. I have my favourite authors...............The Brontes, Dickens, Thomas Hardy, Jane Austen, Conan Doyle, plus modern authors like AS Byatt, Sarah Waters, Jennifer Worth, Jodi Picoult, and onward.

............I had been considering doing a Book club on the blog but I can't think of a feasible way of doing it but instead I went back to an old friend.............the Read It Swap It guys. Basically it is a site where you can list your books you no longer want and create a wishlist of books you'd like. Other swappers look at your books and request a swap, and you then see if you'd like any books they have. If they do you swap and simply post your book to them and you get one back. I have done this alot of times with no problems and it only costs the price of the stamp. So I went on and listed my books and I've already agreed a swap for the latest Jodi Picoult. Everyone and their aunt seems to want my copy of Dan Brown's Lost Symbol ( I can't get into it and what I have read is to be quite honest truly awful). So if anyone fancies setting up their own swaps then check them out.

Thanx for all the lovely comments about the new page template I am really pleased you like it as much as I do.

............Today I am going to my sister and her boyfriend's place for a 2nd Xmas as he was away in Germany. It will be nice to have some fun and merriment. Have a g8 Saturday and see you tomorrow. Don't forget I'm making those packages up slowly but surely and should have them ready in a couple of days.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like an excellent way of finding some new books..I need to check it out. You're right about the thought of some kind of blog book club thing though..that would be fun if we could work out a way of doing it. Hope you have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love the book-swap idea! I find it very hard to get rid of books... I hoard them like a miser. Maybe a swap will make the parting easier.
    Have a lovely "Christmas"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it awful that David is gone!! I am feeling like I have really gone off Dr Who now!!
    Bring on the books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Book swap sounds great Jo - have fun at your second Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx