Saturday 16 October 2010

Create free minibook.

I recently completed this minibook via Crafty Templates website on the Create Free class. It was a 10 day class using 7 pictures and making a minibook with Leonora. I love her blog and site because she has quirky kits she sells along with ribbon and materials u dont find in ''normal'' shop. She has a quirky style of creating and has some fabulous ideas to make gr8 LOs and minibook pages. I did my minibook using 7 Hipstamatic pictures I took in Sheffield earlier this summer. The class use rubons, coloured paper, fabrics, ribbons, punches etc to make the pages and u got a PDF every day to complete ur designs. I learned loads of new ideas and would highly recommend her classes if you get the chance to take part.


This is the first page opposite a picture of the park. I used Sassafrass Lass papers and stickers, the bird is part of Tim Holtz sizzix die and the tape is one from Leonora's kits.
 This is a hideous picture of my friend Luke, what a twinkle. But he does love the horrible ones, says he feels less boring.!!!!!


Each picture os followed by a collaged page made up of a 4 x 4 card piece in kraft decorated with papers, stickers, ribbon etc. I used these Maya Road labels instead of transparencies as I didnt have any and wrote behind them. I can read through them but sorry u cant as the writin isnt clear enough via the computer.
 Another photo and collage page, this time I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and the heart from a Tim Holtz die.

 I think this page of the carousel is one of my faves. We used spray ink, paper, cut out stars, twine and a punched border and hanging piece. By the way I did write an 'e' in between the s and l to spell carousel correctly.
 I also love how this page turned out with the pink from the roses and the gems, stickers and papers.
 This cool bow was so simple and clever. Cut a piece of vintage lace and tie another piece of thin ribbon around the middle to make a bow shape,..............cool.
 This was Tref playing on his ipod, I like the colours and the papers.

This is the inside back pages which I might add something else to, but at the mo I'm sleeping on it.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous Jo! lots of hard work but it has really paid off x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is fantastic I must have a look at the class I downloaded from that site had totally forgotten about it. Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog will definitely be keeping an eye on the scrapping weekend and thanks for offeirng to be my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, I love this! Gorgeous work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your mini came together. Such a nice assortment, but it still feels unified.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx