Monday, 5 September 2011

LSNED 2011 Minibook development.

I have been working on my minibook for this years Learn Something New Everyday class with Shimelle Laine. I have done the class for the last 4 years I think and love the fun things I can look back on.



So I began chopping up paper 4 x 6 at crop on Saturday and making the front pages which are just over 5 x 6.5 inches. I have used chipboard album pages from Papermania which I discovered on a recent major tidying up session. I covered the pages back and front with patterned papers and then distressed them and finally inked using a lavender distress ink by Ranger.
In my stash I found a random frame which I thought might look quite good and added this on 3d foam. Beneath this I have a journalling spot and a phrase card which says ''Live your dreams''. I then added the title for the album in different letter stickers and some stamps too. I found found some banners to string across as well as some twine for the rope. I added some crumpled book paper to the edge which I made into a ruffle and painted glimmer glam on to make it glittery and more hardwearing. I then added a rose by Prima, an owl button and finally some punch butterflies using Martha Stewart's punch. The final piece came as I was completing my date tags when I was throwing paint everywhere. I decided to throw some at my cover and now it feels finished.
so here is one cover........................................

For the date tags, I used the smaller but not mini tags you can get from the stationers. I removed the thread and inked each with soot distress ink by Ranger. I then cut a strip from patterned paper using the threading water punch which I attached halfway down each tag, above this I added washi tape which has the days of the week on it. I then added a small banner on 3d foam and then a small scalloped circle and small round circle all edged in the distress ink. To these I added the numbers using some American crafts stickers and then randomly applied the butterflies so each tag looks different. I then splattered paint over the tags to link them with the cover and each other. I mixed Salmon paint by Adirondac with Peppermint Stick glimmer mist, a trick I learnt from Shimelle. Finally I chose a red stripey baker's twine as the threads and I think they look quite lovely myself.

 
several pretty tags...........................

and some closeups of said tags............................













8 comments:

  1. Love your cover,Jo...the flower finishes it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking good! The cover is so pretty and I love those tags. Can't wait to see the pages inside now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great - my covers are done but that is as far as it has got. I think I am going to blog my lesson learnt and then do my page afterwards - so hoping my blog will help me remember what I learnt each day. Thats the theory anyway.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks really good, look forward to seeing more

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cover and your date tags are really cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx