I have been working on my minibook for this years Learn Something New Everyday class with Shimelle Laine. I have done the class for the last 4 years I think and love the fun things I can look back on.
So I began chopping up paper 4 x 6 at crop on Saturday and making the front pages which are just over 5 x 6.5 inches. I have used chipboard album pages from Papermania which I discovered on a recent major tidying up session. I covered the pages back and front with patterned papers and then distressed them and finally inked using a lavender distress ink by Ranger.
In my stash I found a random frame which I thought might look quite good and added this on 3d foam. Beneath this I have a journalling spot and a phrase card which says ''Live your dreams''. I then added the title for the album in different letter stickers and some stamps too. I found found some banners to string across as well as some twine for the rope. I added some crumpled book paper to the edge which I made into a ruffle and painted glimmer glam on to make it glittery and more hardwearing. I then added a rose by Prima, an owl button and finally some punch butterflies using Martha Stewart's punch. The final piece came as I was completing my date tags when I was throwing paint everywhere. I decided to throw some at my cover and now it feels finished.
For the date tags, I used the smaller but not mini tags you can get from the stationers. I removed the thread and inked each with soot distress ink by Ranger. I then cut a strip from patterned paper using the threading water punch which I attached halfway down each tag, above this I added washi tape which has the days of the week on it. I then added a small banner on 3d foam and then a small scalloped circle and small round circle all edged in the distress ink. To these I added the numbers using some American crafts stickers and then randomly applied the butterflies so each tag looks different. I then splattered paint over the tags to link them with the cover and each other. I mixed Salmon paint by Adirondac with Peppermint Stick glimmer mist, a trick I learnt from Shimelle. Finally I chose a red stripey baker's twine as the threads and I think they look quite lovely myself.