Tuesday 25 February 2014

Golden wedding anniversary crafting - Table vases x


So as you know it is my parent's Golden wedding anniversary in less than 2 weeks now and I have been trying to help keep costs low by making some crafty items for the party. This activity involves poshing up some plain glass vases.

So I bought these vases from The Range. They came as a pack of three designs and cost £3.95. Originally had twine tied at their necks but I wanted them to be more beautiful so this is what I did.



First of all remove the twine and other packaging and set aside. As my mum's bridesmaid's dresses were peach and the anniversary is gold, I chose those two colours as my palette and bought the following items:

3 metres of 1/4 inch peach ribbon
3 metres of 1/4 inch gold ribbon
1 reel of gold coloured jewellery wire
6 gold heart shaped beads
2 packets of small gold beads
20 small peach coloured, heart shaped buttons.



I cut lengths of jewellery wire, bent it in the middle and threaded it through the large heart bead and some small gold beads. I then opened out the two ends of wire and threaded the small gold beads and peach buttons randomly until I had enough to cover the wire.

I wrapped the wire around the neck of the vase and wound the ends together and cut off the excess. I then tied two colours of ribbon in a knot as the top of the vase. And here are the finished vases.




The next task involves a large bag of stones!


5 comments:

  1. So pretty! How exciting to be planning for such a momentous occasion! Congratulations to your parents, Jo. I'll look forward to seeing more of your party prep. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vases are beautiful! The hearts are a perfect touch.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so beautiful! Well done on a great job! What a wonderful occasion and celebration - congratulations to your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation! The gold and soft peach is lovely together. I hope you all enjoy the celebration - a wonderful achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glass vases look so beautiful after you have design them using small and tiny things.And congratulation to both of them for special day in there life.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx