Monday 2 April 2012

A magical crafting day in the church centre

So after a fourth night of coughing and spluttering, I am not in the best of moods, however I have decided to share some pretty crafting which happened the other Saturday. Every 6 weeks or so, my church organises a craft day at the church centre and lots of people of all ages come and enjoy painting, drawing, crafting, sewing, really whatever takes your fancy.
Normally my friend Anna performs all the prep however as she is snowed under with lots of work and study, I offered to prepare and organise this one for her. She said ''Yes'' and so 2 Saturdays ago, I had a day with some lovely people sharing our joy of crafting.
We have some exceptional painters in the church, Hazel being one of them. She is currently part of an exhibition, well her paintings are, in the Cathedral. A new attendee was another church goer who is amazing at pen and ink drawing. He drew the most detailed picture of the Well Cathedral music school I have ever seen.
We also had a number of children attend who did some beautiful canvases, some simple, others very detailed. Anna came with her daughter who produced a wonderful piece inspired by Van Gogh's Sunflowers. Anna was completing some lovely cross-stitch but when she puts brush to paper she is also a very talented young woman.
Me, I was so busy watching and chatting, and helping I didn't complete my piece but it includes some collages, stamping and glitter. Watch this space. So here are some pictures of our day, plus the finished book for the hen weekend which realised after posting I hadn't put in..............

 This was my mum's Mother's Day card

 This is a poem which I decorated at the request of lil sis to go in the hen weekend memory book............


 The final book ready for packaging........................

 These 2 lovely pics were done by an enthusiastic young man and his friend................


 Here is Hazel working on her piece early in the day................

 Primrose's watercolour.....................

 Can you believe this 2 year olds eye for colours?.......................

 The lovely Anna embroidering............

 Ralph hard at his pen and ink....................

 Eb's amazing camping picture...............

 Hazel's painting later in the day..................now it is a woodland waterfall.................

Eb's wonderful sunflowers, she used the same brushstrokes Van Gogh used. She is a great painter and very knowledgeable plus she has great taste in films, heehee.


3 comments:

  1. Some beautiful work going on,Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely of you to honour their work and efforts like this. :) And your page with the butterflies alighting on the surface is very striking.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx