Tuesday 29 October 2013

Friend Movement ~ week 3 x

Phew the guys are currently having some non-walking community time at Penn State University before they hit the road for the final 200 miles to New York City on November 10th. It is incredible to think they have already walked over 700 miles in 3 weeks. That takes some stamina, motivation and courage I think.

So this is the map of where they've walked over the past week...................



They have been walking in much colder conditions of late and Ronnie has taken to wearing longjohns to keep warm. The other day it was actually sleeting. Despite that they seem be keeping their spirits up and are meetings lots of supportive people on the way.


At this stage they were still wearing shorts..............................


waving the purple ribbons they are tieing..........................


media support for the journey ...........................


meeting new friends at Purple Cat an organisation working with individuals who have special needs................


Elliot in the snow, yes it snowed........................ no more shorts now


they are addicted to coffee from Starbucks.........................


more media support...........................


Elliot keeps making the most unusual friends.........................


I am getting to see the beautiful country of America as I follow their progress............


I hope their stay in Penn State lets them rejuvenate themselves for the final leg and I will keep you posted over the next 2 weeks.

Just as an addendum Ronnie posted this on Facebook this morning........................

''Tonight I'm tired, broken, and worn. I miss home, my family, my cats, and my daily routines. This cross country trip with Friend Movement has taken so much energy out of me that I have next to nothing left to give, but I continue moving forward for all those that are suffering in silence. I'm deeply inspired and grateful to those of you that have gotten involved by sharing my posts, donating to the cause, and that have simply been there to listen to the daily challenges we have had to overcome to make this journey a reality.

If you are reading this message, I am calling all angels! With your support we can make a real difference. For those of you that can, please join us in crossing George Washington Bridge on November 10, 2013. This pilgrimage will be one of strength, unity, and celebration. Together we will overcome this issue of bullying by committing to being a better Friend. We only have two more weeks to go before we arrive in NYC, but we are still in desperate need of your support. We cannot do this work alone. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation, helping us book hotels, or simply sharing our campaign with your networks. ''

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bullying-not-on-your-watch-friend-movement-walk

I am praying hard for them x



1 comment:

  1. They, and you through following them, are clearly having some amazing experiences in a worthwhile cause. Super photos of the autumn ...

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx