.............I know it's a day early but I will probably be off the radar for the next few days as my parents, although having a computer etc probably won't be too happy if I keep asking to check my blog. So I hope you all have a wonderful time at your various Xmas parties and events and I will look forward to catching up when I get home on Sunday.
I would also like to introduce this young lady to you all...............
oops I can't turn her round, anyway she's me and it's my birthday today so I'm sending you all a cupcake to say thanx for visiting.
Finally for Amy the recipe for Hokey Pokey..............
4 tablespoons of golden syrup
200g castor sugar
1 tablespoon of bicarbonate
Melted dark chocolate, optional.
1. Mix the sugar and golden syrup together
2. Heat on a low heat until simmering and then heat for 3-4 minutes until the mixture looks like rusty caramel
3. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in the bicarbonate of soda...............it will froth up like mad so be careful as it's hot.
4. Pour the mixture into an oiled, foiled tin and leave to set.............mine took about 2 hours.
5. If desired, pour melted chocolate over the top to make it like a crunchie bar!
6. Once ready, bash it with a rolling pin and eat. YUMMY!!!!!