Tuesday 2 November 2010

Kirsty Allsopp and If.....................

Tonight is an exciting evening for me because at  8pm on Channel 4 the wonderful Kirstie Allsopp is back with another series of Homemade homes. This time she gets a whole hour for fun and frolics and instead of just doing her own home, she is helping other people. I loved the past 2 series and am excited to see what she comes up with for new crafting ideas this time around.

For Shimelle's class, yesterday we were given the challenge of writing a piece inspired by Rudyard Kipling's poem ''If'', the idea being If such and such happened then this would/wouldn't have happened. So here is my attempt:

If I hadn't moved to London to do my nurse training I never would have had the experiences I did as a student nurse,
If I hadn't then moved to Reading I wouldn't have met my friend Sarah or gotten to meet Louise and Di,
If I hadn't moved to Cambrige I wouldn't have had the most fun 6 months ever,
If I hadn't moved to Southampton I may not have met Teresa and started going to church again.
If I hadn't gone to church I wouldn't have the family of friends I have now.
If I hadn't moved to Somerset I may never have become a health visitor again.
If I didn't have Bipolar disease I wouldn't the special relationship I have with Jonathan.
If I'd never met Teresa I wouldn't have taken up scrapbooking.
If I hadn't taken up scrapbooking I never would have met Alex and Tanya.
If I hadn't moved to Wells I wouldn't have found the BEST cupcakes ever.
If I save up enough money I will travel to India one day.
If I have enough time I will read all the books I own.
If I can organise it there will be a blog friends meeting soon, I hope!!!!
If you are free on Saturday evening at 8pm you will at the Celebrating Blog Friendships party, heehee!!!!!!

.....................and as if that wasn't enough, Starbucks are releasing their Xmas menu drinks and red cups tomorrow, whoopeeeeeeeeeeee.



9 comments:

  1. great take on the poem!!! thanks for the tip about Kirsty! not a fan of her but did like the show last year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the if prompt. It gave me list of ideas but non done yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Jo. Isn't it fascinating to trace these threads when we look back over our life so far? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also gonna watch Kirsty again and have set the sky+ hope it's good again this year. I was in Starbucks today and was wondering when the Christmas drinks were gonna appear... I might have to make a special visit tomorrow lol xxx PS so sorry that I am not gonna make Scrap a mia and meet you in the flesh can't wait to hear all about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great set of 'Ifs', Jo! Didn't see Kirsty last time round but you may just persuade me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh new red cups, how exciting!!!!! I do like a good Starbucks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a funny old world, isn't it? You never know what the next decision is going to bring..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed blogging last night - too tired out. This is a great post, Jo - I love your "If" poem!
    A blog-friends meeting would be great. We need to stay somewhere where we can all scrap, take photos and chat! We'll also need internet access included, so we can all blog and talk to those who couldn't be there!!
    Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to Saturday evening's Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad its not only me that gets really excited about Starbucks Christmas mugs and coffee. In Dubai they were out even before Halloween. Which means I will get fatter sooner sampling the toffee nut lattes. Ho hum. scrappysue

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx