Friday 24 December 2010

How old?

Today is the 24th December, Christmas Eve and MY BIRTHDAY. Yay for me. I am very lucky because my family have had 55 years of playing the game of two special days for me and my cousin, who is 10 years older than me exactly.
I was born in Cheltenham in 1965 and my mum tells the story like this..........................

I had been taken into hospital and had been overnight. I kept telling the midwives I was in labour and felt something was happening but they said I wasn't ready yet. I had a dose of pethidine and floated off. Not long after that I really felt things were happening but the midwives still said no, until the consultant came round for his rounds. When he examined my mum he said I was about to be born. There was no time to get to labout ward so the Sister tutor delivered me in my mum's room. In those days dad's weren't there and I think I made my appearance far to fast to call.
After I was born my mum had to go and have an operation cos the placenta didn't come out properly so I was looked after by the midwives, they were slightly peeved cos they had decorated my cot in time for me to be the Xmas bab y but I beat them to it.
When my mum was back on the ward and came round, she saw my dad in the entrance holding a bunch of flowers and wearing a very silly grin,................no change there then. All that was 45 years ago at 10 o'clock. Oh my dad found out he was a dad in the pub!
So today mum and dad are coming over and I will open my presents and cards with them, have a glass of fizz, cava, and hopefully speak to some friends. We are having a salmon filo tart for supper with Delia's chocolate torte which mum's making. Yummy.

Then maybe off for Carols by the bandstand and later midnight mass. I hope u all have happy xmas eve too and settle in for the big day tomorrow. Oh by the way, dont forget to put out ur stocking tonight and leave some beer and mincepies for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer.

11 comments:

  1. Many, many Happy Returns of the Day Jo!

    And a very merry Christmas from our house to yours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and Happy Christmas,Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, my friend! I hope you have a really lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Jo! Hope your day is wonderful!!

    Merry Christmas, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Happy Birthday Jo! Sounds like a wonderful day and a lovely end to your Birthday at Midnight Mass!
    Many Happy Returns to you! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jo and a Merry Christmas to you and yours, have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo

    Very Happy Birthday. Hope you had a lovely day.
    And Merry Christmas to you too

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just catching up and wishing you a belated Happy Birthday (great story!) and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another belated birthday wish! I, too, am still catching up with blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx