As many of you my loyal readers know, I took part in Blogging for Scrapbookers and Beyond Blogging for Scrapbookers with Shimelle Laine. Now Shimelle our marvellous teacher and blogfiend has initiated us into a new scheme......................fiendish or what? Well this scheme involves us all blogging 10 things on the 10th of each month. It can be 10 of anything so I put my thinking cap on and thought I would share 10 great crafty makes I have found recently online. They are all ideas to get the current trendy looks on your layouts but at a fraction of the price.
So here are my 10 finds in no particular order:
1. The first is from ScrappyStickyInkyMess and demonstrates how to make your own Baker's Twine using crochet twine and permanent marker pen. Such an ingenious idea and enables you to make twine which perfectly matches your own LO colour combinations.
2.Everyone is talking Smashbooks on the web and the Counterfeit Kit blog have a fabulous post detailing how to make your own. A great way to use up stash and have a book all of your own design. Shimelle also has a great discussion post about Smashbooks here.
3. How about a handy printable list to help you focus your photography for a month from Creating Keepsakes
4. Want to make your own feature flags for cupcakes or scrapbooking? Try this simple tutorial from Studio Calico.
5. Want to make your own Polaroid faux pictures. Then this free download from Fuzzimo is for you.
6. Pooi shows us how to make some beautiful handmade flowers using washi tape here on the American Crafts blog.
7. Using fabric on LOs is still in vogue and this tutorial demonstrates a brilliant idea for stamping on it.
8. There are still those of us who haven't made any ruffle flowers so here's a nice simple pictorial guide to follow.
9. Fancy using up lots of scraps using punches and origami? Then here is fabulous post showing how to make some brilliant paper flowers for your LOs and cards.
10. Finally a scrapbook sketch from Shimelle. Every week she pops up a brilliant idea on her site to assist us when our mojo is flailing or when we just need that little bit of help in deciding what to do. This weeks involves a panoramic picture and I have just the photos I would like to use.
Hope you have enjoyed my 10 on the 10th and see you all back here on the 10th July for part 2. And do hop over to Shimelle's blog to see the other peeps taking part today.