Monday 7 February 2011

Squeeky mouse.....

Once upon a time there lived a girl who loved to sing and laugh and had a lovely job which she enjoyed. Unfortunately for her, she kept getting poorly. One day she woke up without her voice, what could she do she wondered? The doctor said ''You have laryngitis and must rest your voice''. So she did and 2 1/2 weeks later she still sounded like a squeeky mouse. So now she is on nasal steroids for 6 weeks,.....................what a joke. The moral of this story.....................keep away from people with bugs and ask your colleagues to stay off work when they're ill too.
Anyway, enough moaning about the voice and more of the happy, scrappy stuff. So while I was on my extended absence which I have to say was more to do with me being upset and generally miffed, I was presented with a rather lovely blog award from Sandra. How sweet.


As I havent had one for a while I felt rather special and so now have to tell you 8 new things about myself. So here goes:

  1. I have discovered that buying the cheaper supermarket own brand fruit teas are just not as good as Twinings, I have been drinking Lemon and ginger tea with honey for my throat until the cows come home and seriously Twinings is the only one with enough ginger in it to give it some fire.
  2. I love flowers and especially ones with a decent fragrance like lilacs, hyacinths and lilies.
  3. I want to dance more and when I'm better I'm going to do some ballet, think Miss Piggy in Swine Lake but I'm gonna give it a go.
  4. The person who knows me best in the world is Luke, who is half my age and I speak to virtually every day. I think he is the person I have bared my soul to the most and he is the best friend u could ask for.
  5. My music collection is extremely varied, there is Mozart, Rachmaninov, Ryan Dan, Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, Pet Shop Boys, The The, Soft Cell, Green Day, The Killers, Dangerous Muse, Belle and Sebastien, Erasure, Philip Glass, Depeche Mode, Muse, Primal Scream, The Sex Pistols, Scissor Sisters, Pink Floyd,  to name but a few.
  6. My cat snores, really badly, but apparently so do I, ;-))
  7. I REALLY want to go on holiday this year, somewhere interesting like Barcelona again or Seville or New York if I could afford it...........................basically somewhere lovely.
  8. I love art galleries, last time was a while a go but we went to the Saatchi Gallery in London.
So now I'm supposed to choose 8 people to share this award with. Problem is I know so many people who would make the list who've had it already, so I give it to everyone who visits and would love to share some unknown facts about themselves and have a sparkly award to boot.

8 comments:

  1. I am really sorry to hear you have been so miserable. I'm on antibiotics for sinus trouble and was told this morning that I have to go and get it all x-rayed. Great fun! So you have my sympathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bravery in doing ballet. I danced as a kid (almost through college) and often think about returning to the studio. Am interested in following you on that journey.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you - weeks off work and now steroids too. Are you back at work and squeaking, or do you have to stay off for longer? I do hope you feel better soon!

    The sparkly award is fun. Interesting new facts about Jo too. I did ballet until I was 22; I had to give up because I started getting agonising cramps in my feet. I just couldn't cope with them any more and stopped dancing. Sad really... It's walks, yoga and swimming for me now - I need to get much fitter! My BFF does Belly Dance - she loves it! Good luck with the ballet.
    And I agree with you about the teas - no-one can beat Twinings for quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you're not feeling so great. Hope you feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to get to know you better ... do rest and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jo, an exotic holiday sounds divine! I really hope your health improves very soon - that just sounds horrible ... take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can vouch for the squeakiness of your voice!! I hope you're feeling better now, hun xx

    Congrats on your award, it's always interesting to get to know you better, and you ARE special xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you are feeling poorly - no fun at all. I did ballet.dance when I was younger and would love to try again but feel I am tooo old. Perhaps you will inspire all us oldies to go ahead and find a class - or a video!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx