Wednesday 5 February 2014

Project Life 2014 ~ January x


Hello and here is the first post of my journey with Project Life this year. Having failed miserably last year to get going and stay, I really wanted to give it a try this year. I have got alot of scrapbooking paper all ready and a whole trolley set aside just for this project, however this month I got slightly waylaid again and in the end I decided to go for a month of digital scrapbooking.

And here are 3 of the layouts I created.






I have ended up doing single pages throughout January, one because I didn't want to force myself to make double page spreads straight off and two because even though I thought I had taken lots of photos, it ended up that I really hadn't.

For the layouts, I used the two free Becky Higgins templates, this is template A........




They are really easy to work with in Photoshop and as they were freebies, they didn't break the bank either. I had previously purchase a minikit of Maggie Holmes minikit which was on a special offer and only cost about £6.00 and I have used it throughout the pages in January. It uses alot of pinks, blues and lemons which I loved. It has a vintage feel too.

I also used the banners from Serendipity Designs and circular tabs from Studio Calico's Coppermouth collection. The circular numbers are from Becky Higgins Project Life Cherry edition.

I have completed weeks 3 and 5 as well but have as yet to make my title page as I haven't decided what to go for. If you would like to see any of the pieces I have collected for my Project Life project on Pinterest, you can see my board here.

How are you progressing with Project Life? I would love to hear.


6 comments:

  1. Great colors in you PL layout!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the layout of these pages. They're really perfect for a weekly page - enough room for photos and text, plus any "pretty bits" you want to include as decoration (or filler!).
    And of course, you can always print off a template onto plain cardstock, to use as a stencil for "real paper" pages, so you can keep it all consistent.
    It looks as if this will be a great project - keep up the good work, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages look great. Love the Happy New Sherlock card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has a lovely fresh Spring-like feel to it ... It's going to be a great project for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are looking good. Keep the momentum going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these Jo! I had toyed with the idea of starting digi PL this year (mainly inspired by Abi!) but I think the commitment is just too much for me at the moment. Looking forward to seeing your progress throughout the year. xxx
    PS, love that Sherlock card too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx