Sunday, 22 November 2009
.........one of the nice things about having a blog is that you get to meet some truly amazing people who genuinely enjoy crafting and also the things you may have to say and do. I have met on cyberspace some really g8 people and one of them, the lovely Lizzie has given me an award for.......
Jo "Curlyscrapbooker" for amazing Christmas Cake recipe and lesson, and being a generally cool blogger!
.......isn't that sweet of her? A great BIG thanx to Lizzie for being so generous! As you readers will know, I have been going through a really rough time lately and about the only thing keeping me from leaving this Earth has been this blog and the people who have been kind enough to visit it and support me. So a huge, heartfelt thankyou for that. You have truly been lifesavers.
So according to what Lizzie has said, I need to tell you 7 interesting things about myself. Ok I'll try:
1. I have 2 degrees a BA and a BSc plus a postgraduate diploma.
2. I live in an old mental hospital.............truly, converted into apartments.
3. I once sang at the Purcell Rooms in London when I was a young singer.
4. I can play the piano and the flute.
5. I have met Shimelle Laine and she makes the BEST cupcakes ever!!!!!
6. I would like to travel to loads of places but particularly India.
7. I trained as a nurse at The London Hospital in Whitechapel and the first few months we were there they were bombing the docks making the film Full Metal Jacket. If you went on the top deck of the bus you could see the bombed buildings and imported palm trees to make it look like Vietnam. We also drank in The Blind Beggars where The Kray twins shot one of their gang.
So now I have to choose 7 other wonderful bloggers to join in the fun:
Firstly I choose Scraps, the city and me cos she has amazing stories to tell and brilliant LOs,
Next Abi a young talented scrapper who is new to blogging but is excellent at it and a very artistic scrapper.
Third, I have chosen Kerry who has just been chosen as a Two peas in a bucket design team member and designs her own yummy digital scrapbooking elements,
Then the wonderful Katy from Dotty Divas who also has the most amazing blog as well,
Fifth, Melissa from All about me challenges who writes so eloquently about life, faith and scrapping and introduced me to the challenges and the Faith sisters site,
Sixth, Sian cos not only is she an inspiring scrapper but she writes so brilliantly and hilariously
and finally Clair because she's just amazing.
Please check out the girl's blogs because they are fabulous and inspiring and we all need abit of that to help us along the way.