Sunday 19 May 2013

Onwards and upwards: go up, up, up x

For this challenge Jennifer suggested using a stepped or upwards moving layout so this is what I came up with.

For this layout even the title involves using the word ''Up'' in it. This photo was taken many years ago when I went with friends to the Hospital ball. I loved the dress I wore and my friend Louise's dress is a bluey'grey so I used those colours predominantly. I found a patterned paper with doily shaped bunting and cut those out very carefully using a knife. I then put lots of pop dots on the back and put them at the top of the layout to show the upward movement and make it look like a decorated ceiling at a party. I had already used some mists to make blue and red splashes on the cardstock and I added some star shaped sequins as confetti and some little blue gems.

I also found a glittery pink ribbon which I used across the lower portion of the page and as an element block at the top righthand corner.



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout,Jo...beautiful colours...and love that doily bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little flags and such a great topic.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cutting is so very neatly done, and the looping banners really pull the eye up the page. rest interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this page! Cool cutting and a wonderfully celebratory feel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I really love this one Jo! I will be scraplifting the idea of those big bunting pieces looking like a decorated ceiling, and of course I love the splatters, gems and stars! It's all so pretty and uplifting!

    Thanks for entering the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx