Monday 22 June 2015

Me on Monday x


Good evening from a sunny Somerset. I've been working all day so hence the late post. I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

For my family, this weekend is always full of eating, cake, present giving and generally having fun. It is my mum's birthday and this year she was 75. Wow she so doesn't look it. It's also Father's Day so we amalgamated the 2 on Saturday and met my sister and her partner at a lovely country pub.

Everyone had a fabulous meal, although some members of the party had eyes bigger than their stomachs so didn't finish their meals, naughty lol.



Yesterday, me, the mother and the father went to the Bishop's Palace in Wells where they were holding a Garden Festival. We spent several hours wandering around the beautiful gardens and looking at all the plants. One of our main questions was how on earth they have such magnificent hostas and what they do with the snails. We had lunch and watched the croquet and the housemartins doing their own version of the Grand Prix. Then went home for cake.







This is a close up of a large stained glass set of angel wings


The cygnets have grown loads over the past few weeks



4 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waving back at you. How nice to have a double celebration over the weekend. That cake looks so scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those family photos are so lovely. What a wonderful double celebration! And that picture of the cathedral? it's pretty special too. Have a great week Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great photos, Jo. I really love the ones of you and your sister with each of your parents. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx